The Acorn Process – Customer Focused
Our Customer Forward Process Begins with Customer Contact
From initial customer product interest, Acorn Wire + Iron Works is ready with unmatched customer service and project support. We know every location,
application and budget are unique, we assist you in choosing the right safety + security product to meet your specifications.
Our in-house team of experts facilitate all your project needs – from design and estimating through manufacturing and delivery – on time, on target and on budget.
1. Design Process
- Find product specs & CAD drawings on Sweets, Dodge, MasterSpec and acornwire.com/arch-specs – our Cad Software facilitates file sharing.
- Contact our Design Experts for assistance with your project.
- We will perform a comprehensive evaluation of your needs.
- We work with you to choose the right product solution for your application.
2. Estimating Process
- We acknowledge your bid request within 24 hours.
- An Estimating Coordinator requests architectural plans, specs & bid due date.
- A preliminary scale drawing of your project is provided prior to estimate.
- We issue a project quote along with a support call.
3. Pre-production Process
- Credit check is processes in 1-2 days. Acceptance letter confirming PO is emailed.
- You supply updated construction drawings & specifications for your project.
- We provide a Submittal Package in 2-3 days.
- Revisions are completed in 2-3 days.
- You approve drawings & field-verified dimensions.
- We schedule fabrication, product ships in 4-6 weeks.
4. Production Process
- Project goes into production.
- Fabrication is done at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Chicago.
- All products are made using 100% recycled US steel.
- Finishing & powder coating are done on-site, cutting down on production time.
5. Shipping + Project Close-out
- Project ships with Installation Guide & Close-out Package.
- We follow up with you to confirm installation is on track.
- Customer satisfaction guaranteed!